Do you want to get Exposure for your work?
Well then don't forget that you can submit your work for consideration for the
EXPOSURE section of the Surface Design Journal.
Here are the Guidelines:
Submissions are welcome to “Exposure” in the form of digital files, slides, or transparencies when they conform to the specifications below. All photographs must be of professional quality.
Please select no more than six or eight pieces of your best work; details can be included if necessary to understand the work.
Requirements for Digital Images
• At least 300 resolution in the 5 x 7-inch range or larger. TIFFs are preferred but JPGs are acceptable.
• Identification of each image with a number (1, 2, 3, 4, etc.) and a file name that includes the artist’s name and a clue to the image rather than a numerical code. For example: “picasso.polkadots” rather than “100001.”
• Prints of the images submitted. These can be contact sheets in black and white or color, but each image should not be smaller than 3 x 3 inches. They can be on ordinary 8.5 x 11-inch paper.
Requirements for Slides and Transparencies:
• Identify each image with a number, the artist’s name, and title of work on the slide frame or on a label on the plastic covering the film.
Requirements for All Submissions:
• A resume and artist statement
• A printed list of images numbered to match the numbers on the images. Provide full caption information for each piece:
• Artist’s name
• Title of work
• Materials, process, size
• Date of completion
• Collection, installation site, or source of commission, if relevant
• Photo credit
Please add any information that would help the designer understand the image—e.g., if there is black around the edge of the image, is it background or part of the work?
Send submissions by regular mail to:
Patricia Malarcher, SDA Editor
93 W. Ivy Lane
Englewood, NJ 07631
E-mailed submissions are not accepted.